Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday Afternoons

(Parker wants this picture on the blog because he took it....we were leaving for church, he was playing with my camera....he is frustrated that I did not smile....I am not smiling because I had stood there with a frozen grin for at least ten minutes while he zoomed in and out and moved the camera around until I said he had two seconds before I walked away. Let's be honest, I am not at my best in the last minutes before leaving...)
Anyway, back to the point of the blog....now that we go to church so early,we also get home early and are always looking for things to do.
We could make a pizza.....this was a previous Sunday meal....but yesterday we had a farm house lunch (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, etc...) so no one wanted anything formal for dinner.
So, we settled for game night. Everytime we go to my parents', my mom has a mocktail for us, usually something she invents and the kids love using her nice glasses.....so I followed suit and gathered everything to make limeaids. It was interesting, because Bryce does not usually help in the kitchen, but he was the only one around me at the time so I recruited him and he did an awesome job. He rubbed limes around the glass rims and sugared them, poured in the diet Sierra Mist, squeezed in lime juice and then topped them with cherry syrup. I think each week we will try a new drink with a different child.
We also had a highly nutritious supper of Cheddar/Sour Cream Ruffles and Nacho Doritos...oh yeah, I also broke out the Halloween candy. Color everybody happy.
We set up the Monopoly board and played until Bryce and I "mortgaged out" because we were tired of Dave's cutthroat antics. Dave plays to win and didn't love that the boys had compassion for their mother and kept giving me breaks on rent. What comes around, goes around....Dave was brutalized by Parker who won the whole thing.

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I actually know a family where the father is banned from playing Monopoly :) Your pizza looks yummy! I want to come over for Mocktail night :) I think I have an idea what to do for dinner this Friday night to kick off fall break, Thanks!

Michele said...

Okay, you guys are really good at having fun together, and you are pregnant! I'm still tired and Kaylyn is 10 months old! Great ideas to do together.

Donna Manley said...

Okay Kim,
You just crack me up. You write just like I remember you talking. I LOVE IT!!! I haven't read your blog for awhile so I have enjoyed catching up. You guys are as busy as we are and it's great. You look GREAT in the last picture you posted. How fun! Take Care!