Following suit, we also make the cookies every year....and while it is a fun and yummy activity...it also makes us all homesick for my parents' home. While I manage the circle shapes (at Halloween only), sugar cookies are not my thing. However, my mom and sister make them, I think, for most holidays....so while we have enjoyed eating the cookies, we also enjoy going over memories of having them with my family.
Along those lines, yesterday I made my mom's favorite gingersnap recipe. My household all agreed that the kitchen smelled like Grammy's house at Christmas.
As the end of my pregnancy is drawing closer, I miss living close to my family....so I end up cooking lots of favorites that seem to bridge the distance gap a little better. (However, I think we will have lots of dinner requests for my mom when she comes to welcome the baby!)
1 comment:
Wow, I'm craving candy corn now...
I love traditions like this!!
Post a Comment