
Saturdays normally start early with someone in some game. This week, our wake up call came for Parker's game. Please ignore the rodeo clown socks, he is the only one on his team that wears them, I try to bite my tongue....all the while just imagining how his life's backup employment could very well involve him jumping in and out of barrels. (He is speedy....and think of all the belt buckles he might win for me.)

Parker just scored a goal and was high-fiving Jake Duda. While Parker is fairly good at sports, he is also a legend in his own mind. It is fun to listen to him after a game...(I don't know the sports lingo and even if I sat through the game, I still don't know the score or details. I've said it before, I am there for the Diet Coke and chit-chat.) ...anyway, on the way home Dave just rolls his eyes because Parker's stories flourish with extra details that Dave tells me later never happened. I don't care...I just smile, look interested and tell him he is awesome... as long as he practices good sportsmanship.

Above, Who knows what is being said, but it looks very serious.
By the way, no pictures but Riley's team won their age group's championship. This isn't prideful because in all honesty Team Bode didn't do much for that victory. However, she was cute eye candy on the field (and bench!). And the trophy still provides bragging rights....

I love this picture of Tennille because it completely shows her personality. She is just so sassy! My mom loves how she can get anyone in our house to do anything she is assigned... In fact, right now I told her to clean her room....but I think Riley is doing it while she is watching her movie in Parker's room.

This is Tennille getting her "end of season" medal. (How cute is that little boy beside her?!) Since I think it is okay to live in an alternate universe, I told her she was given the medal because her team had won the overall championship...she was thoughtful and on the way home said, "but mom, I saw the other team get a medal..." I said, "oh no, you didn't look very closely, the other team was given way smaller medals than your team...you were given championship medals." And of course, I am the mother who had to throw in...."and they said you were the team superstar." She happily bought it all and proudly wore her medal to school on Monday (which gave me a little trepidation thinking she would be around other soccer players who could spoil my fanciful pep talk)....however, even the other players not on her team who had the exact medal at home, believed her when she said her's was bigger and she was wearing her's because her team won the championship and she was the superstar. Excellent... Mothering Job Done.
Oh, Riley just got home with a notice saying she has a science project due next Tuesday...guess I better get busy thinking about what I am going to do :) (I think my children will all be happy when the baby comes so I will have other things on my "to-do" list, besides their homework.)
1 comment:
You and your alternate universe are too funny! They are going to be microscopically comparing medals to see whose is bigger. Hopefully she won't need therapy when her alternate universe crashes someday :)
Post a Comment