Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good Book

I have just finished reading a good book....somewhat predictable but engaging.
"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" written by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
It was on some top list so I picked it up at the library and was disappointed when I thumbed through it and saw it was written as a large compilation of letters. I didn't think I could get into a book entirely based on letter writing back and forth. However, having nothing better to do, I took the book home and started reading. Glad I did because I give it two thumbs up.
It is set during the 1940's, first in London, then in Guernsey....it follows a woman discovering how the Nazi Occupation affected the citizens there. Interesting, Reflective, and Uplifting.
Also, very easy read, I was done in a couple days.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Hey-I've been meaning to read that one. I'm glad to hear that it's a good one. You should do it for our book club!