

Tate is back to weekly doctor appointments. He does 2-4 breathing treatments everyday. He had a lung x-ray two weeks ago, showed some striations...after today's appointment, it was decided that should see a lung specialist (they are supposed to call me with the appointment date). At next week's check-up, he will do some tests to hopefully rule out some things. The thing that confuses my doctor is that Tate keeps gaining weight and thriving, despite his wheezing and smoker's cough. I am hoping he gets better soon...I don't think he knows what it feels like to breathe normally.
4 comments:
Do his breathing treatments include a steroid? I know I'm only a nursing student and not a doctor, but couldn't a steroid make him gain weight?
He certainly looks happy enough. I'm glad he's thriving, breathing better must agree with his appetite.
Poor Tate! and poor you...that must be hard doing breathing treatments so often. He looks great though.
Holly, I asked the same thing...I was told that steroids taken orally can cause weight gain, but it is not a side effect for those that are inhaled.
He takes albuterol and pulmacort (sp?).
Lori, Yes...I am tired of the breathing treatments! It is heartbreaking to do something that you know is going to make your child scream and look at you like you have betrayed him.
Let me know if you need help with getting Tennille to school with his appts so often. I know they don't always work with your schedule. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I remember Jake not being able to breath, it is heart breaking.
Post a Comment