Thursday, April 23, 2009

More Jr. High Convo

Yes Ladies, the language may be strong...especially for the ones with only little ones....toughen up...jr. high is around the corner. (names have been changed...to protect myself...don't want any parents calling me...) This is Tuesday night's actual conversation.
Me: How is Jane Doe?
Parker: I don't hang around her anymore...not too many people do. She changed since she is dating Joe Blow.
Me: Joe Blow?! Has she no self-esteem at all?!
Parker: She's kinda of....um....well...
Me: Skanky?
Parker: Mom! That is such a bad word! I can't believe you just said that!
Me: Skanky? I don't think that is a bad word. Just a descriptive word.
Bryce: Do you even know what that means?!
Me: you tell me...
Bryce: It starts with the W...
Me: Whore? That is completely inappropriate...watch your language. Skanky means... I'm thinking... 'hoe-baggish'.... (Yes, ladies, I am completely why my children will be in adult therapy.)
Bryce: Can I go to a four day FFA trip this summer?
Me: I'll see about chaperoning.
Bryce: The adviser is already doing that. You don't need to go.
Me: Then I don't think you need to go.
Parker: Yeah Bryce. Mom is not going to sit around while someone tries to get you to lose your virginity in a cabin somewhere.
Me and Bryce: PARKER!!!
Me: Parker, watch your mouth.
Me: Bryce, we'll talk about the trip when the time comes. Good night, boys.
Parker: Good night, Skank. Remember....you said it is not a bad word.
Me: Changed my mind. Skank is a very bad word, especially when used as a noun. Don't say it again.
Love you.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Kim, as always, you know just what to say! I think parents censor too much. Our kids are going to hear this stuff whether from us or from others. I want my kids to feel comfortable talking to me about it. Way to go!

Elizabeth said...

That's great.