No. Not crazy. It is a complete fluke that our neighbors are nuts.
The first neighborhood had hellion kids next door, they would leave toys in our yard, throw rocks at our windows..we're talking 3 and 4 years old...the mother could not have cared less...Needless to say, I could not wait to get out of Dodge.
The second neighborhood liked me just fine, one lady came over a few times...and then she heard my religion (Mormon), left my house immediately and would never talk to me again. In fact, she called the dog pound right around Christmastime and had them come and pick up our dog. Happy Holidays! From then on, she was named "Crazy Dog Lady"...and I continued to wave to her when I saw her. I am telling you...living in the so-called 'bible belt' is not as compassionate as it may sound....I found California much more tolerant of people's religions.
Now the latest....above is a picture of our neighbor's trampoline....looking right out my back door!! Their yard begins to the left of that pine tree! Apparently, they do not want to junk up their yard with kids' toys so they put them in our yard!! I am speechless..they leave toys, clothes, water bottles....makes me adore California's privacy fences so much more....we live in the land of no fences and it drives me crazy. Not to mention one of the neighbor's children has Turret's so the 12 year old gets in no trouble for swearing....and the mom told me her six year old is bipolar. The adults are really very nice...which is why I am striving to bite my tongue....but I am going mentally insane. I think I am going to look for some 'black-out' curtains.
5 comments:
Possession is 9/10ths of the law, I say it's your trampoline now. And you know, it's windy here, so I'd recommend securing it to the ground so it doesn't go anywhere in the next bit storm. ;)
Hey! I never thought of that! I guess the Easter Bunny just came early!!
I agree, it is fair game.
Seriously can't believe they put it in your yard.
You can't have fences in Mahomet? That's nuts. "Good Fences make Good Neighbors" just ask Robert Frost.
Oh, we could have fences but 1)we are too lazy and 2)the neighbors would view us as rude....I guess that is why I am thinking the blackout curtains are the way to go...
Post a Comment