Riley did the best April Fool's Joke...I could not be more proud. She had a fairly large science project due today...and she had to present the preassigned project to her class, along with a poster showing the details. The teacher was specific in what they were assigned to do and did not let them deviate.
Riley got up and showed a white poster with crayon drawings (something considered completely mediocre and amateur in her class) and said she "really didn't feel like doing the project she was assigned....magnetic attraction...so she decided to check out what animals like to eat." She colored pictures of a monkey, duck and mouse...for materials, she said she used her brain...and crayons. She learned that animals eat all different kinds of things...a mouse will eat cheese, some ducks like bread, and monkeys like bananas....she said her teacher was speechless and the rest of the class was also silent, as she again apologized for the funky project but that she had fun doing it. She even went so far as to return to her desk before she announced "April's Fool!" and pulled out the actual project.
This was all her idea and I really did not think she would actually go through with it...at fifth grade, I wouldn't have. But she did....which makes her favorite child of the day.
6 comments:
That's hilarious! I'm impressed with Riley's bravery. I like you could never of done that. Youd didn't say what her teachers reaction was. I'm curious :)
He took it well....he said he kept thinking he knew she could do better than the project she was showing, and wasn't understanding what had happened. She was the first one to present, so the student teacher was thinking that was the quality she would be getting from everyone else.
Wow that IS brave! Awesome April Fool's!
I love the bacon and eggs! I bet Bryce's class would be mad if they knew he turned them down.
I wouldn't be able to do what Riley did now, let alone in 5th grade. April Fools Day is not made for people like me. I can't handle the awkwardness of the pranks!
That is so funny Kim! I have always loved Riley but just now she jumped up a few notches I didn't even know were there! What a great girl!
Way to go Riley1
Post a Comment