
School has been out a week and my kids are already saying they have nothing to do....Bryce even went so far as to say I haven't let him do anything
all summer!!! I will preface by saying that I was not sharing my children with the neighborhood kids because once they leave the house, I don't see them again until the end of the day. So....at my wit's end....I decided we could grill pizza for lunch. It was a hit. I was able to keep them home for at least a couple hours.
The kids' favorite was barbeque chicken and I love pesto with walnuts on top.

Tate loved his first taste of pizza crust.

Parker loves to ham it up for the camera. Actually, he was my huge help...he took care of the fire and it was the two of us that made the lunch.

The coals were still hot, so we made s'mores. Yes, Tennille is wearing pajamas...she believes that she should not have to wear regular clothes while she is on summer vacation.

Bryce giving his approval.

And then, my crazy neighbors weren't home....so I told the kids they could go jump on their trampoline...yes, for the most part, it still sits in our backyard.
So....we've had pizza day, we've had fried chicken day, we've picnic'd at a park in a neighboring town, I think today we might try to find a swimming lake....at least it is Friday and Dave will be home all day tomorrow to take over!!
Yay! My mom comes on Monday...for the girls' dance recital the following weekend....and she can be on my activities committee.
4 comments:
What time do you guys eat? I might have to become one of those people that just happens to stop by at meal time.
YUMMM!
I'm a bit jealous. Our neighborhood kids don't materialize during the day. I wouldn't mind it once in a while.
Did you find a lake? I wanna go!
I wish my mom were coming for the dance recital-next week promises to be crazy.
An idea for your activities-library day. Kids loved running around and we brought home TONS of books.
Hey, you are welcome to come grill some of that pizza here. Looks great!
I love the dance pictures-They look straight out of Hairspray!!
I wish I had your energy- Why don't you want to share your kids with the neighbors?
Post a Comment