Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hell Week...

Dance recital week is totally hell week. My daughters' dance company stages an extravaganza that lasts the entire week. The recital is held in a large theater....the weekend starts with three days of pictures, thankfully mine were assigned the same day....then they will have three nights of dress rehearsals (full makeup, dress, hair, etc...it always seems fun on picture day and then by the actual recital, my girls are begging not to have hair and makeup done.), then three nights of the show....they mix numbers around so your daughter may only dance one night or all three...Riley does all three this year and Tennille does two nights.
And Dave is in the daddy/daughter dance, so he will have to drop by for rehearsals each night.
To top it off, I am attending teacher workshops all week....so will go to those all day and then spend three hours, at least, at The Virginia Theater each night fulfilling my parent helper duties. YES! I KNOW I AM COMPLETELY WHINING!!
BUT WHOO-HOO!! My mother comes in on Monday to completely save the day!
It is very sad to look at an approaching week with anxiety. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the boys leave for their camping/canoeing trip in Missouri on Tuesday and I need to make sure they are all ready for that.
Tennille is posing with her class....I snuck a few pictures through the parental viewing window.
Tennille with a few of her friends. She is in Jazz 2.
I didn't get to bootleg any pics of Riley at the dance studio....her musical theater class has 57 students and it was crazy!! She appeased me by taking a picture in the backyard when we got home.
Riley's dance is 7 minutes (very looooong in the dance world), they are doing a medly to the Legally Blonde Musical soundtrack. The musical theater class is a fun one, Tennille wants to do it next year.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Can I just copy this post to my blog?

Oh and our pictures are today, Sunday, during Jeff's EQP meeting. Ugh.

Monica said...

I was thinking of signing Eliza up for dance. Maybe I should reconsider.

Kim said...

The girls absolutely love their dance classes....especially the dance recital. No matter how tired they are by the end of the week, they always talk about it very fondly the rest of the summer.
Monica: Eliza would shine in dance class...not that she needs anything to make her shinier :)

Heather S said...

The girls look amazing. I hope their performances are great....I would love to see Dave up on stage!

I hope you survive this week Kim. Maybe I can think of some service I need...you know....just to make it a tad busier for you.