Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend Escape

This coming weekend is one of those weekends where we have a million opportunities and a million obligations...it is homecoming weekend (with Bryce in high school, there are many functions for him to attend) and football games...and soccer games...and a parade....and Bryce's birthday on Saturday...and Dave has a business trip in Arkansas...and a women's conference....and a fund-raising pancake supper....
And with Dave's encouragement, I am chucking most of them. We are taking the kids out of school half day tomorrow and all of Friday, yes there will be disappointments about missing the homecoming parade...but everything is a give and take and the kids agree with the rest of our plans. We will go to my parents' home in Missouri tomorrow, Dave and I will leave the children there on Friday morning, I will go with Dave to Arkansas and we will be back to my parents' to celebrate Bryce on Saturday evening. Home on Sunday.
My mother is very nurturing and it is such a break when we go there. She will completely take care of all of us...and since I am pregnant, she will be checking me for puffiness and making sure I get enough rest :) Whoo-hoo! And my dad will make sure the boys keep busy...another whoo-hoo!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Can I send my kids with you too?

Michele said...

Have a fun time! We will be making and canning applesauce...I'd rather go to Missouri and see your mom too! :)