As expected, the service auction was enjoyable. I always like enrichment meetings because it gives me a chance to get to know people I don't usually get to talk with on a regular basis.
As far as the services auctioned, there were several great ideas...I had seen part of the sign up the week before so I went into it hoping I would win Linda's photo session (she does completely awesome work and we are in need of a new family picture)....Riley sent me off with her fingers crossed.
No, I am not bitter. Yes, I was outbid. Yes, I am thinking the amount of candy earned (money proxy for the night) by the outbidder could be questioned....(I am keeping her anonymous)...outbidder's name rhymes with banana....Whatever..... Again, I am not bitter... (That sounds sincere, right?)
Yes, I was outbid on one of Pam Duda's delightful pies (no, I didn't want the lesson, I just wanted the pie)....I was outbid on really cute flower barrettes for the girls....I think I was also outbid on something else I can't remember. Whatever.
Just when I was thinking this auction business was not for me....the auctioneer added a fresh breath of air....she announced they had an add-on that could only be bid on by those who had not won any previous auctions. Helllooooo lucky day. And to top it off, it was what I can only guess to be quite delicious....a take-out dinner prepared by Cameo. Color me happy, I bid all my candy and won....I love that auctioneer.
3 comments:
I am really sorry I missed it this year. I stayed home to visit with Thomas' parents and definitely won because they did a lot of service for us while they were here. Yay for running water at the sink in the children's bathroom! (among other things!) Glad you won a dinner from Cameo too!
Oh, this made me laugh for a long time. Maybe it's just getting too late at night. Your dinner was my second choice after the photo session from Linda. Sadly, I won neither of them.
Julie,
I will trade you dinner for cake anytime! :)
Post a Comment