Our family loves to eat nachos when we get home from church.....they are fun and non-healthy and tide everyone over until dinner....Here is my recipe for the easy cheese sauce:
Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in saucepan,
Add 2 Tablespoons flour until thickened.
Stir in one cup of milk until there are no lumps.
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and grated/cubed cheese (8-16 oz), your choice: Velveeta, shredded Mexican style, cheddar, jack and stir until melted. Done!
Set up your nacho bar as you would like it...I double the recipe for my family and put out homemade salsa and sour cream. Yesterday, I did half Velveeta and half Mexican style cheese....and threw in some Mexican spices, and everyone liked it. We use the full amount of cheese and sometimes add extra milk if the sauce is thicker than preferred. Then on Monday, the kids snack on leftovers after school.
3 comments:
Mmmm, that sounds really good. Anything tastes good after church, but I can imagine that nachos would be extra exciting. Plus, you're one of the people that I know only makes good food so I can trust any recipe that I get from you-like those awesome chocolate cupcakes ;)
I love all your recipes so keep them coming!
LOVELY RECIPE KIM. You were always the BEST cook. Keep posting recipes PLEASE. I am finally catching up with your blog and loving every second of it. Thanks!
Post a Comment