Monday, January 5, 2009

Whining

We just got back from our Christmas fun and now I can't find my camera!! I have pictures to post...so will keep looking.
We are all going through comfort food withdrawal....my parents constantly cook for everyone, not to mention that my mother, sister, cousin, and now niece all make fabulous cookies...I think we were eating constantly....it was a big letdown when we got home.
Oh yeah, perfect baby has now become fussy baby...still perfect looking (come on, that's what really matters)....but must be held AND FED constantly. Ladies, I hate nursing...I think I am still doing it because Dave keeps implying he expects me to quit anytime....anyway, this baby will nurse and nurse and nurse....driving me crazy because I MUST GET OFF THE COUCH!! This type A gal cannot control everything and everyone around her while sitting on the couch!! Even when I supplement with bottles, he still wants to nurse afterwards!
And...he must be held while sleeping....not just during the day, but also at night. His saving grace is that he rides in the car pretty well, will normally catnap...and will normally give me an hour or two to run errands.
I am sorry to say I have to bid farewell to my beloved diet cokes...actually, anything diet from the dr. pepper family is my favorite....but Tate seems sensitive to it, he cries and stays awake...I am so sad (not to mention headache ridden).

4 comments:

amanda said...

It will get better- And as long as he looks perfect- you are right that is all that matters. You should get Dave one of those nursing apparatus things that you can wear with the tubes and the bottles and let him see how he like doing that all day! You need to devise some method of pain though like rubbing sandpaper over an old wound so he gets the real feel of it.

Michele said...

Everything could be totally different in a week or two! (Of course I said that for four months of pumping and breastfeeding attempts just trying to get Kaylyn to latch on and nurse.) But, It really could get better soon! :) So far he's had more time being easy than fussy! Umm... That's about all the Pollyannaisms I can come up with for now. ;) Good luck.

Elizabeth said...

I'm sure that is why God makes the head so soft. I just sit there and rub Cora's head and all is good in the world. Of course then the kids wake up in the morning and I'm grumpy, but at least I have an excuse!

Shelly said...

Ugh. I had to take Fenugreek to build up my supply for Brooklyn. Hoping it really does get better!