Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow Day Beignets!

Last week school was canceled...not necessarily for snow but because the weather was so frigid...I think they said frostbite would occur in 15 minutes for ungloved hands. ...So I fired up the deep fryer (could anything define gluttony or deliciousness more than a deep fryer?!) and made beignets...you know those fried bits of dough that New Orleans loves?! Crispy on the outside, like a delicious pancake on the inside...
As I was taking a few pictures of the kids enjoying their treats,
Bryce: Are you going to blog this?
Me: Maybe
Bryce: No pictures of me.
(What?! Apparently, pretty boy was not ready for the day and decided to avoid the paparazzi... thankfully, Tennille has no shame about who sees her in her pj's!)
Parker eating homemade bagels (another snow day food), looking like he also is above the "picture taking for blog's sake".
This is exactly what I want to do on a cold, no-school day.

2 comments:

Brian and Amanda said...

How do you find the energy to cook all this stuff with a new baby? You are awesome!

Donna Manley said...

Man, I need to take more pictures. I'm feeling guilty now!