Dave is ready to send me to parenting classes.
Last Saturday, Dave was getting ready to chaperone the teenagers at our church on a temple trip. As he was tying his tie, he looked out our bedroom window and said, "People are already getting here, how early are they?"
Tennille jumps up on my bed, peeps out the window, sees some people coming up the walk and questions, "WHAT THE HELL?!"
(I was rocking and nursing the baby...doing my best to avoid a reaction.....and was doing fine until I saw Dave's reaction.)
He mouths to me: "What did she just say?!"
I just nod my head and look the other way.
Dave: "Aren't you going to say anything?!"
Me: (I swear I am so juvenile....I cannot say anything because everytime I try to say something, I start laughing and I definitely don't want her to see me....because I am now laughing like I do when watching crazy Joe Dirt...)
Tennille skips off to see who is at the door.
Dave: (He is such a school marm.) "Did she just say H-E-Double Hockey Sticks?"
Me: "No, she said hell."
Dave: "Oh, my goodness. You are out of control. We will have to discuss this later."
Okay....yes.....I have been know to be somewhat of a potty mouth.....suffice it to say, I would be quite comfortable in a room full of sailors.....but I am working on it....especially since I don't want my daughter to be kicked out of kindergarten for profanity.
However, can I give her a gold star for her vocabulary comprehension decoding skills?
6 comments:
I keep thinkining about Brian and if I was the one with a head injury, what would I say totally uncensored! YIKES
Sometimes profanity is necessary to get the point across!!
Oh my goodness, every time I read your blog I almost pee my pants!! Thats for the early morning chuckle :)
OK, knowing that we were probably the first at your house that morning, I have to apologize. The 'Early morning Eliason's' had already been out to breakfast and we were chomping at the bit to drop off all the children except the baby and get some actual Christmas shopping done. One of the things that I really love about you Kim, is that you don't pretend to be anyone else. We all have things we know we need to work on. Most of us are not brave enough to share our faults. Of course, I have to keep myself off that list, 'sigh' Perfection is me! :) (I say in the same moment I just yelled at Jen to keep her fingers out of my soda!) Gross!
Okay, it's Christmas and I just finished setting everything up and I can't stop laughing. I think we need to get Tennille and Grace together. HILARIOUS!!!!
Kim, you are awesome! I'm laughing because I too can keep a room of sailors entertained. When Logan was about two or three years old we were sitting in sacrament meeting. It's dead silent and Logan begins crashing his cars together and saying, "Damn it, Damn it, Damn it". Apparently that was my favorite phrase at the time, it's gotten worse since then.
Post a Comment