Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fifth Grade Christmas Concert

So, last month we had snow when the fifth grade Christmas concert was supposed to happen, so it was postponed to this week. Above, is the band section (Riley plays the trumpet), band is optional and then everyone is in the mandatory chorus...
Yes, we were stuck in the nosebleed seating section because our town is so insane with being first...we got there 20 minutes early and there were no seats to be found...so I had to traipse my ducklings (Dave was at a meeting) up to the highest bleacher seats. Thankfully, Bryce carried the infant seat...although he looked like a teenage baby daddy.
Pretty trumpet player.
Riley came home yesterday letting me know a boy in her class has asked her out. My mother was surprised, I am not....since my boys have made me experienced, I know fifth grade is when it typically starts. Be prepared, young mothers!
Me: what did you say
Riley: that I would let him know on Monday
Me: what is there to let know? You know you are not allowed to date until you are 16.
Riley: Mom! It's just to the Dairy Queen and his mother will be there.
Me: no.
Riley: OH MY GOSH!!! EVERYBODY DOES IT!! YOU ARE SO UNFAIR!!
Me: (I am disappointed. She is going to have to come up with a lot better lines than this to debate me. What gets me is that she has sat in on so many of these conversations with her brothers that I can't believe she asked. I can tell her teenage years are going to be a lot of fun.)
Singing like a good girl.
End of concert. At least they are good at keeping the shindig to a strict 30-45 minutes.
It was interesting watching all the kids....Riley was born while we lived here, so I have seen most of these kids since kindergarten or earlier. You know, the kids you knew would turn out odd because their parents are off their rockers... and they did. And, I saw the hellion neighbor we used to catch throwing rocks at our windows....he actually looks like he might now be a decent person, I saw his mother but chose to avoid her. Some of the teachers came up to check in with the boys...actually, I am guessing they came to make sure Bryce was not a teenage baby daddy.

1 comment:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

When ever I need a good laugh I know I can count on you :)