
We found a Rainforest Cafe about 30 minutes away and decided to go. When the boys were little, we went fairly often and realized Tennille hadn't been there since she was probably 2. The atmosphere is so much fun...I guess it makes up for the meals being completely overpriced.


Even Tate loved the thunderstorms and the jungle noises.

We also had to stop by the Bass Pro Shop...not as big as Springfield, Missouri's....but always interstesting to see the taxidermy'd animals.

Our hotel is right by a Greek neighborhood and we happened by a beautiful bakery. (Must admit this was not the first time we stopped by.) Tennille has begun a love affair with cannolis....especially chocolate...but she could not resist the mammoth lollipop.
I love cultural neighborhoods and we have had fun exploring....not to mention we have had some conversations on why homeless people might be homeless...since we have had to walk around several. Tennille and Riley were thrilled when a sidewalk musician started playing children's tunes...I said, "give him a wave and keep on walking." There are also a nice number of police trolling the area so I felt relatively safe.
Goodbye Detroit.
No comments:
Post a Comment