As usual, the post has nothing to do with Tate..but had to give an updated pic. He loves his blankets with satin trim and typically holds on to them. Here he is at Parker's wrestling meet (from which he will probably have permanent hearing loss) and then we went straight to Bryce's track meet. I can't speak for the baby, but I was completely exhausted by the end of the night!
I think it is good to keep my children busy and engaged with sports, but it takes a toll when trying to be at everything!! We make it a point to be at the local meets but, with the baby this year, we have missed some of the out-of-town events.
I realize that most teenagers are mentally retarded in some way, and my boys are no exception. Sometimes I believe they are Beavis and Butthead, reincarnated. I sat in on one of their conversations last night and you must note that they are completely serious, there was no joking. Truthfully, I don't usually last this long because their retarded-ness renders me speechless.
Parker: man, I am not feeling good....I have a stuffy nose and a stomachache.
me: (Parker had just returned from a friend's party after his wrestling meet) you sound sick.
Parker: I am really sick, I wonder if Nick's family fed me something bad.
me: do they have any pets?
Parker: yes, two dogs and a cat.
me: obviously, you are allergic...probably to the cat.
Parker: but I have a stomachache, too
Bryce: did the cat bite you?
me and Parker: what?
Bryce: if the cat bit you, that would explain why you have a stomachache.
me and Parker: what?
Bryce: they (all cats) have some juice in their teeth and if they bite you, like on the wrist, the juice will go up your arm and into your stomach.
Me, silently: DOES THIS KID HAVE LEAD POISONING?! SOMETHING....ANYTHING... THAT WOULD EXPLAIN AWAY EYE CANDY'S (Mine and Dave's nickname for him) AIRHEAD-NESS?
Parker: juice in the teeth is venom and Nick does not have a pet snake.
Bryce: cats have it, too.
Parker: whatever. I wasn't bitten by the cat.
At this point, I did have to leave.
4 comments:
Ok I was listening to Funky Cole Madina, which I haven't heard in years. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!
that is such a funny conversation between Bryce and Parker! Maybe I will tell Matt to have a lesson on things that have venom!? Have a great day!
Your boys are AWESOME!!!
OK...I am laughing so hard. Thanks for letting us in on that conversation.
Cat venom.....so great.
Best of luck to the boys in their events!
I will miss running into Parker during his early morning runs.
Post a Comment