Friday, March 13, 2009

Poor Tate

Okay, this picture has nothing to do with Tate being sick....but I found it on my camera when I downloaded...apparently, my picture-taking elves snapped this when I was in another room. I guess Parker gets a point for creativity....it is funny.
Very sweet...again, not sure who took it. You will notice the toys that Tennille places in the baby's hands....and then says that he told her he wanted them.
This has become our poor little Tate's life. He does breathing treatments several times a day...hopefully to cure labored breathing and wheezing. He has been tested for RSV twice now (ladies, that test is horrible...I had no clue...they take a wire with a Q-tip cottony thing at the end of it....I said, "oh good, he is crying, it will be easy to get at his throat." They said, "it is not going in his throat"...and they proceeded to hotwire that thing up his nose....gut-wrenching cries, he felt completely betrayed.) Anyway, no RSV...I think his doctor might like him to come up positive because then she would at least be able to label what he has and know the protocol/duration. Yesterday, along with RSV test, they also swabbed his eye...another betrayal...and checked oxygen level...oxygen tested fine.
These pictures show him looking fine, but most of the time he screams during the treatments... it is so sad to listen to...and Dave is a big chicken baby so I am the one left giving the torture. Tate was on weekly doctor checks...now it is like every 3 days...hopefully, he will be better soon. Right now, he is on two different medicines so I have to give one treatment right after the other. Can't combine, I asked.
How sweet is he?! Even being sick, he manages to give great smiles!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear Tate is sick! That's no fun. I can only imagine trying to give a baby nebulizer treatments. Good luck! May the force be with you!

Brian and Amanda said...

Poor little guy- I hope he gets better! He is so cute and must be really smart since he can tell Tenille what toys he wants already:)

Heather S said...

We missed you today. Sorry to see that Tate isn't doing so well. Hope to hear that he is improving soon.

Perhaps have Tennille "listen" to him. Maybe he will tell her what is really wrong.

Finn is solid...hope Dave's arms have recovered.

The Texas Woods said...

Sorry to hear he is sick. I am just now getting around to look at some posts. Sam had RSV at 3 months and it was so scary! His fever was 103+ for over 10 days and took weeks to get back to normal. Yes, the tests are awful. They showed me the damaged lung tissue on the x-ray and said he would probably suffer asthma for life. Talk about mother's guilt! (I was passing him from one sitter to the next). For a few years, every cold sounded awful but he seems totally fine now and no signs of asthma. My doctors say I have no need to worry. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!