Friday, May 1, 2009

Yard Sales

I really don't get the whole 'yard sale' thing. Let's face it, it is just a way for people to try to score money off their neighbors with their trash. It is my town's garage sale weekend...thought I should be part of the 'in-crowd' and attend....Tennille and I wasted about two hours LOOKING AT GARBAGE!! She and I have both sworn off of them FOREVER!! (Unless Elizabeth calls with a tip...that is the only thing that will get me back into a car to troll the neighborhood....and Elizabeth's tip proved well last night, I was able to purchase a no-longer-legal bath seat that costs lots on e-bay but now my baby can dangerously sit in the tub and I will not have to try to hold his slippery body and wash him at the same time...whoo-hoo!) Other than that, I am done. I have realized that I can find new things on the store's clearance racks or even on the internet for just as little money as I can at the lame trash sales. By the way, I cannot believe that there some people who were actually trying to sell the free diaper bags the hospital gives out!! And then we have my white trash neighbors...yes, they are very nice...but they have created a t-shirt stand(with a circus tent) in their yard with a predominantly displayed black one showing scantily clad cartoon drawings of women on motorcycles and the words "Bad A**" written on it...I did not even go over there...I can see it clearly out the window!! Have I moved to a trailer park???!!! On the next garage sale weekend, I am going out of town!!!
(Alright, now I have calmed down and can take deep breaths before heading over to Parker's track meet in the freezing cold.)

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Are you referring to the seats with suction cups on the bottom by any chance? I tried to give Brooklyn and Bradford a bath at the same time the other day. Brooklyn went for a short swim because the suction cups are useless on our "built in grip" bath tub. Still, it was a lot easier to bathe them that way as long as we were both there to hold their dangerous seat which is much easier to hold than a slippery baby.

Kim said...

Yes, Jeff, those are exactly what I am talking about! And...the suction cups don't always work, but with a little supervision....they are a much easier way to bathe the babies!