Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Loving The Baby...

Is he not the sweetest baby in the whole world?! My sister made his blanket and this is one of the rare times he was sitting by himself. I am starting to think he will not walk until he is three or so because his feet will never touch the ground....there is always a line of brothers/sisters waiting to hold him.
Also one of the few times his eyes are open. He mostly just sleeps and eats. He has a quiet cry and doesn't really fuss unless he is hungry or cold. While he refuses to sleep in a crib....he sleeps with us and only woke up once last night.
Yes, he is perfect.
Except that he is losing too much weight. Down from 7-12 to 7 even, I now need to supplement him after each feeding....and take him in for weight checks.
Having a section is a way different recovery than a vaginal birth....was not fully prepared. I think I have weaned myself off the Darvacet and am now on to Ibuprofen. We love having my mom here. Last night she and Dave made our favorite fried chicken dinner....she introduced us to a new game (Apples to Apples)....and set everybody up with IBC rootbeer and popcorn.

5 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Kim he is just adorable! I'm glad he sleep so that makes such a difference.

Donna Manley said...

Tate is SOOOO CUTE!!! I'm so happy for you!

The Maughan Family said...

So sweet! Aren't mom's awesome! I hope you have a great day with that cute little bundle!

Lisa R said...

Wow! I had heard that you were having a baby but I had no idea he was here already! How beautiful! Congratulations! Now I am all caught up. Love all your pics!

Clint & Karen said...

Oh, he is so cute. Congrats! We miss ya'll!!