Friday, December 12, 2008

Unfortunate Conversations...

Okay, the pictures don't have anything to do with the blog posting....but must be posted anyway. Today is my due date....so glad we had him early and that my recovery is coming along swimmingly, so glad he is here and healthy...
So glad this baby's brothers and sisters still love holding him....yesterday I made Parker and Riley late for school so they could hold him while I gathered laundry and scrubbed down the kitchen...and showered :)
We are in absolute mourning now that my mother has returned home. She is such a big help with all of us... car-pooler, dinner cooker, Tennille-playmate, shopper...the list goes on and on. It is more bearable knowing we will see her again in two weeks.
Sigh....of course, this picture is perfection.
Okay, enough of the bliss....
Bryce comes home from school this week:
"Mom....I had some time at school and decided to google your blog..."
Me: (slightly panicked, trying to remember what I have written and if it can be held against me) "Oh?"
Bryce: Yeah. And you should know that fluid and acid are the same thing, so I don't know why you would blog about that.
Me: You really should not read my blog....its private.
Bryce: I especially loved the "Jr. High Conversations"
Parker: (paranoid because he is the only one going to jr. high so assumes it must be about him) "What jr. high conversations?! WHAT DID YOU WRITE?!"
Me: (ignoring Parker) Bryce, my blog is like a journal...you really should not read it unless I show it to you.....private.....very private.
Parker: WHAT DID YOU WRITE?!
Bryce: So....private journal...that you happen to post on the internet for the world to see?
Me: (WHAT?! Since when did my airhead child turn into a brainiac?!) "Bryce....I type those private thoughts as a service project for the young mothers so they can know what to expect when their children are older...if they are lucky enough to have children like you."
Parker: WHAT WAS WRITTEN ABOUT JR. HIGH?!
Riley: I know how to get to your blog....easy.
Me: That's it.....no reading my blog unless permission is granted...I am going to have to rethink this.

2 days later....a very disgruntled Riley....probably mad because I made her hair too poufy...the Marcia Brady wanna-be ridiculousness must stop....anyway, after pouting for several minutes, she pulls out the dagger...
Riley: And I am going to read your blog.
Me: (in mock horror) No! You are not!
Riley: And....I am going to publish a post....that says you are the meanest mom ever.....and I am going to sign it....from her very mad daughter.
Me: You mean you are going to blow my perfect parental front?
Riley: yes, people should know the truth.
(All this because I gave her a fabulous hairstyle?! As much as she wants to, she will have to wait to be a "mousy don't" until she moves out of my home!!!!

5 comments:

amanda said...

OH KIM- I miss living around you! I was always laughing and you must keep blogging so I can get my fix- You always keep it real. Just put a password on your blog or something.

Your baby is darling!

Monica said...

I'm wondering if he read the comments as well and knows just how many people read your blog (especially those who he sees on a regular basis). It really is a great service for those of us who are wondering what in the world we will do with our children when they grow up.

By the way, seeing your baby makes me excited to have a boy. He is very cute.

Michele said...

I just have to say, reading your blog was worth missing a few moments of napping-and I REALLY need to nap today. Thanks again for the laugh!

Anne said...

LOVE YOU!! YOU ROCK!

Heather S said...

Great post. All the mousy mice are currently residing in Kelli's hair.