Friday, August 22, 2008

Tennille's Backpack and Riley's Shoes...Must Be Time For School!






The first full day of school begins today, whoopee!! Actually, I don't mind having my kids around but by this time of the year they are desperate for the structure that school provides.
Bryce is a freshman this year, Parker is in 8th grade, Riley is in 5th, and Tennille begins kindergarten. Our calendar already looks like a mess with all of their commitments. The boys are playing football for their schools, the younger three are playing soccer, I am putting off dance for the girls for a month or two, and Bryce begins seminary on Monday. Beginning Monday, he will leave at 6:15am and get back home from school around 6:00.
As for the posted pictures, yesterday was Tennille's "meet and greet" with her teacher. She was thrilled to go and visit her classroom. She absolutely adores her backpack....it is quite hideous....believe me, I tried to steer her to a million others....even offering her a Limited Too one, like Riley's, but she would have nothing to do my ideas. She insisted that many of her friends will love petting the pink 'fur' and she has worn that darn thing for the past week. While the backpack is embarrassing, it is fun to see how proud of it she is.
Riley loves her school shoes...Parker thinks we are the only family that still buys "school shoes"...he says no one waits for school to start to buy new shoes. I think it especially drives him crazy that I make them wait to wear them until the first day of school...whatever...he is lucky I did not give him a big lipstick kiss on his forehead before sending him off to junior high!

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Wow, that is one fancy backpack :) I'm sure her friends will like it. I'm holding off buying new sneakers until it cools off, I want them to fit as loooong as possible. It's amazing how much your girls (really all your children) look alike. Madelynne and Isabelle look similar but Hannah's my little odd ball :)

Michele said...

Dang! I wish I would have thought to give my boys a 'big lipstick kiss' on the forhead this morning! I am not as nice as you and might have actually done it if the idea had come to me. :) Although, I rarely have lipstick on, let alone at 8 oclock in the morning!

Karen said...

I must find her the perfect shoes to go with that backpack! WHat a statement! Parker is right on!