We went "camping" in Nauvoo, or at least as much camping as I am willing to do! We stayed in a cabin, the kids were hesitant to try them because they thought they would miss the indoor pool at the Family Suites (where we normally stay)..but they ended up really liking it. Also, there is so much to do and tour that we never have that much time to swim anyway, not to mention that I think they use way too much chlorine over there. At the cabin, the bathtub was cute and quaint until two hours later when I finally realized that it was the only facilitator for washing bodies...I thought surely there must be a shower somewhere. But, no. I think I was five the last time I sat in a tub to wash my hair. I definitely felt the pioneer spirit as I muddled through and roughed it. As I always tell my children..."it is not how you feel, but how you look that matters".....which kept me going as I kept dunking my head in the water. I did send Dave to inquire at the front desk concerning the absence of showers, and he was told that our cabin was the only one with just the bathtub, all the others have showers. Figures.
And yes, I know, Bryce is going to kill me for posting the sleeping picture.
The turtle picture? The kids spotted them as we were driving along the river bank and had us stop to observe. They were kind of cool. Tennille kept hoping she would find frogs hopping on the lily pads.
1 comment:
It looks like such a fun trip!
Post a Comment