We went to Kentucky last month...Dave had a business trip planned in Louisville and I needed to get the kids out of the house. Dave presented at a national convention for people who are visually impaired (blind..when I think of "visually impaired" I think of people who have some difficulty seeing, but most of the people there were completely blind.....please excuse me if I am not being 100% politically correct). The conference was held in our hotel and it was amazing to see so many seeing eye dogs. I quickly learned that Tennille had no respect for the walking canes...while the rest of us hugged the walls to stay out of the paths, Tennille defiantly walked right down the center, often having a cane swoosh into her feet or legs. Privately, I gave her many talks that the people running into her were as if they were blindfolded and she should stay out of their way. As usual, Tennille makes her own rules and didn't care if her ankles were smacked with canes, because she was going to walk where she pleased. As a result, I became very good at a polished apology and my arm became stronger from yanking her out of the way! My other children were helpful and deemed themselves the elevator operators for anyone "visually impaired" and fought over who could push the buttons for the patrons. Consequently, I kept my children out of the hotel as much as possible and we went exploring each day. I am not sure if Dave will be inviting us all on another business trip.
A favorite was going to the Louisville Slugger Museum...I wasn't excited but the boys were anxious to go. We went and it actually kept my attention, for the most part. The tour guide through the bat factory was about 110 years old...which just gave me an opportunity to practice patience (how is that for a positive attitude?!)....everything else was air conditioned and enjoyable.
1 comment:
That's so exciting that you have a blog now! We love Joe's Crab Shack in Washington. My sister used to work there.
Post a Comment