The women's group at church does a service auction every year....everyone donates a service, craft, etc... and then we bid on them with points based on a questionaire filled out that night... There are some awesome services like dinners, errands ran for you, babysitting, hairbows, flowers, etc... I made this game to donate and one of my friends wanted me to post a picture... Basically copied the premise of CandyLand, but put actions on the board instead of doing cards, and a dice is rolled. Homemade games are fun and easy to make...when Parker was around 8, he made one similar but based on the book, Old Yeller, and gave it to my mom for Christmas.
P.S. I won a fabulous service that night...Stephanie Hodnett has the hidden talent of making awesome balloon animals so she donated an hour to make them at a child's birthday party! I was planning on using her to help with Tate's birthday, but I think Tennille would probably appreciate it more...and she is way excited!
1 comment:
Your game was super cute! Great idea! I never would have thought to use duckcloth/canvas.
Just let me know when the party is and I'll get the balloons out!
Post a Comment