So, Parker woke up Sunday and said he was much too sick to go to church. I will admit he was overrun...the boys went on a winter camping trip Friday night, came home just in time to quickly eat dinner, shower, and get ready for a dance Saturday night.
Anyway, he told me I was ridiculous to have him go to church...couldn't I tell how sick he was?! He must have forgotten whose house I was raised in. For my mother to agree to a 'stay-home' one would have to be on their death bed....she better see you actually throwing up or you better have an actual fever or she would get a flashlight to see if you had white spots on your throat....barring any of that, you were going to school/church/where ever you wanted out of.
The clincher for me and Parker is when he told me how he was totally going to throw up...."he really meant it"...he was sooooo sick. Dave, the family softie, started questioning me...like what if Parker goes to church and starts throwing up??? then what will we do???? To which I quickly answered, "we will have two cars there, one of us can bring him home".... I knew I was right on target when not five minutes after the whole "I am the most negligent mother Parker knows because I am going to make him go to church when he totally is going to throw up at any second", he asked me if there were any hot dogs in the fridge. I just smiled and told him, "case closed, you are going." Who says this motherhood gig is hard?
3 comments:
I bow to your excellent detective skills. Parker looked pretty healthy to me when I saw him sitting in the foyer with Tate (who may as well be his clone I might add).
So I noticed Parker on crutches today (2-7-10). Was this another attempt to stay home from church?
You are so right. You would never crave a hot doy if your stomach was sick.
Post a Comment