So...Parker does a sleepover and calls me Saturday morning to ask if he could go tubing...Yes, I thought it was odd that he would call and ask that, sounds pretty mild for a 14 1/2 year old to go sledding down a hill, but whatever, I said yes....A couple hours later I have a panicked mom call me to say that Parker has really hurt his ankle, it is swelling...bruising.....I am thinking, "great. this is not how I wanted to spend my Saturday. (isn't that the first thing that comes to most mother's minds when you get a phone call saying your child has been injured?!)...so I tell the nervous mother that I will send Dave over within the hour to go pick Parker up.....Yes. Within the hour. No. I was not in a rush.....
Just to defend myself....concerning Parker....this is not my first rodeo.....he is an accidental liability...and it is not uncommon for me to receive these types of calls.....and for the most part, his 'accidents' are always avoidable.
After he gets home ...I pause to ask..."What do you mean you fell by jumping off? You jumped off an inner tube while you were going down a hill? Sounds mild, how did you land?" To which he responds..."No....not really just going down a hill with just a tube....we tied the tube with a long rope, to the back of a 4-wheeler."
Ah. No further questions. My bad.
I will consider ourselves lucky with just a sprained ankle.
1 comment:
We used to do that all the time when I was a kid. Sometimes when it snowed really hard we would even tie it on the back of our car and pull the sleds on the dirt roads. We must have been better at it though because no one ever got hurt :)
Post a Comment