
Bryce turned 16 when we were at my parents'. I can't believe he is now officially old enough to date....let me be more clear...group/double date...


My dad thinks birthdays are too fussy...and for some reason he tends to think he is the only one who should light candles...don't get me wrong, he will celebrate them...but always thinks it is just a bunch of 'hulabaloo'....but he insists on giving you a birthday phone call that involves singing.

Go Bryce!

So, the next weekend after we got home, Bryce had the opportunity to go out....but the girl he wanted to go with had homecoming that weekend and so he was left out in the cold....he didn't seem to care...but I thought I could be helpful and offered to call in a few connections....what?! Didn't your mother ever set you up before?!.....Unbelievably, Bryce would have nothing to do with my offer....I even said I would give Julie Nye a call and see if she knew any girls who had just moved here...you never know...but I got vetoed immediately. Bryce said he would rather stay home than have his mother 'hook him up'....whatever. His loss. I even said that Dave and I were going to the movie that night (we saw "Whip It"...I'll give it three stars out of five) and we could take him and a date....I would even pay for snacks. Bryce basically said that pigs would be flying out of certain body parts before he would ever double date with his parents. What?! When you have parents as good looking as Bryce's, why wouldn't you want to be seen in public with them...with a date?! Whatever. Bryce obviously doesn't know how good he has it...and I could have set him up with someone foxy and 'choice'...I just hope one day he doesn't look back and say, "Why.....why didn't I just let my mother call the shots?"
5 comments:
I would totally let you set me up!!!
So funny. I talked to your husband at church but I didn't have any new suggestions. Chris was a little confused when I said you guys wanted to call me because Bryce needed someone to go on a date with :)
Ahh, the blog I love is BACK!
I can't understand why Bryce would not want to double date with his parents. Sheesh. : )
I have found that not having internet at home saves me a lot of wasted time, but I sure miss laughing at your blog entries!
Post a Comment