Thursday, February 10, 2011

Teenage Romance

I am starting to think that I would rather nurse a child's lonely heart wounds than having children who are in a 'relationship'...You know, it would be much easier to take the sad child out for an awesome dinner while everyone else is at the 'prom' or formal or whatever... than worrying about child maintaining integrity while dating. LETS HEAR IT FOR SOCIAL PARIAHS, SPINSTERS, MOLLY MORMONS...Who needs teenagers with active social lives??!!  I have come to realize that my parenting job will be much easier if I raise children without social skills or good grooming habits...So for now, I think I am going to pull them from extra-curriculars, I am going to buy them grand-theft auto so they can stay locked in their room forever, I am going to stop insisting they shower and brush their teeth and maybe, just maybe, I can have peaceful Friday and Saturday nights where I don't have to worry about where my children are, whose houses they are tee-peeing, whose lips they might be macking on (oh yeah, I know the hip terms) or when law enforcement is going to bring them home because they will be safe and sound in their comfy dungeon rooms.

1 comment:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Haha, I think you might be on to something Kim :)