Friday, February 4, 2011

$278!!

Okay...I used to think couponing was a ridiculous waste of time...I mean why go to so much time and trouble just to save 35 cents??  But...I have been reborn...I watched TLC's Extreme Couponing show and became inspired.  The first two weeks, I easily saved 30% of of my grocery bill...and today (third week) I bought $278 of groceries for $161...I typically spend around $160 a week for my family's groceries (including diapers and laundry/cleaning supplies)...so I got about $117. in free stuff!!  And then I went to Walgreens and bought $75 of supplies for $31...And it is everything that we normally use...plus a couple luxury items...
   So, I am a coupon convert and will try this some more...

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Where do you get coupons from, I am not yet converted.

Kim said...

Shelly, I will come by sometime and show you my ssystem...I also have a book you can borrow and I've checked out a few from the library.
I get coupons from the Sunday paper and print some off couponmom.com normally has several coupon sites you can print from...