Thursday, November 19, 2009

I forgot to add....

I love how teenagers are so totally self-absorbed, I really do. It is fascinating to observe how the world revolves around them and no one else.....maybe it is just a boy thing because I don't even think their friends come to mind when they are making decisions...just whatever completely concerns them.
For example, on the morning of my surgery...when I was in the pre-op room getting the I.V. hooked up, loading up on the happy meds....I get a phone call from Bryce asking me if he can go somewhere in town....after a too-long conversation about whether the place was open, he was like 'whatever'. And I'm like, "you really shouldn't call unless it is an absolute emergency, they are about to wheel me down." (I also love how they never call Dave's cell phone.) Bryce says, "wheel you down where?" I'm like, "MY SURGERY"......and then he goes, "Oh. I thought you were at work."
HOW DOES ONE NOT KNOW YOUR MOTHER IS AT THE HOSPITAL HAVING SURGERY WHEN THAT HAS BEEN THE MAIN ENTIRE ALL-CONSUMING FOCUS FOR THE PAST WEEK?!
Then....afterwards when I am in the recovery room, Parker calls and asks how much longer are we going to be there. Oh, you might say, how lovely.... Parker is concerned..... Nope, he was just wondering if we would stop somewhere on the way home to pick him up a hot dog.

These are the stories that warm the cockerels of a mother's heart.

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

How I love reading what comes out of your sons mouths! Makes my day :)

Holly said...

LOL!!! I meant to ask if you could babysit my kids tonight. You know, since you'll be home anyway. No? Love your stories, I'm so looking forward to my son being a teenager. He told me the other day that he didn't care for my opinion when I informed him he wasn't going over to a friend's house.

amanda said...

Oh Kim!! Your blog makes me LAUGH!!!!