While I do not do much as far as humiliating discipline in the classroom...I do have a 'reflection' chair....a child who is having trouble being a 'success' in our room or preventing a friend from being a success is sent there to reflect on what put him there and what he is going to do to be successful.
YES! I KNOW!! IT IS A GLORIFIED TIME-OUT!! WHAT CAN I SAY?! BY THE SECOND WEEK, THE HONEYMOON WAS OVER!!!
Anyway, I sent John Doe to the reflection chair during a class meeting on the carpet. He tried to answer a question to which I reminded him that while one is in the reflection chair, one must reflect...and may not participate in the discussion.... YES! AGAIN...I KNOW!!! IT SOUNDS HARSH...BUT YOU TRY TEACHING 21 SIX/SEVEN YEAR OLDS WHEN THEY ARE ROLLING AROUND ON THE CARPET CHATTING WITH THEIR NEIGHBOR!!
So anyway, I get back to the class discussion and all of a sudden, John Doe cups his hand like he has a megaphone and yells from across the classroom, "MRS. BODE! I LOVE THE SHIRT YOU ARE WEARING!!
After three weeks, how do they already know what will get them out of time-out?...I mean the reflection chair...
3 comments:
I often love the shirts you are wearing. He can't help it, and he wants to get out.
What a charmer!
HILARIOUS!!!! Love it, love it, love it.
Post a Comment