Okay, as Elizabeth noted, some of my first grade experiences are just like Kindergarten Cop....for instance, this week I have a cold...but initially thought it was allergies....
Whole class is on the carpet.
Me: Excuse me while I grab a Kleenex, my allergies are very bad today.
Suzy: Do you have H1N1?
Me: No, I do not have H1N1.
Suzy: Are you sure? (but you have to imagine Elmer Fudd saying it because that is how she talks) Because you might have H1N1.
Me: No, I do not have it. Just allergies.
Little Johnny: Do you have that pig flu?
Me: No.
Little Johnny: Do you know the pig flu I am talking about?
But today's conversation was the best:
Me: Does anyone know what bragging is? (It was our vocabulary word. And we had a discussion that was almost ending.)
Me: So basically, two things will happen if you brag...one, you can hurt someone's feelings because they might feel bad about themselves when you tell them how great you are....and two...if you are like me and know how fabulous you are, you will find someone who brags to be very annoying...and not even want to play with them.
Student boy (who is now my favorite): (with much sincerity and another Elmer Fudd accent) Yeah, Mrs. Bode.....cuz you are probably the most beautifulest person at this school.
Me: You got that right.
Have I mentioned how much I love first graders?
4 comments:
Gotta Love it! I hope you don't catch the pig flu!!
I mentioned to Monica the other day that you hadn't been writing on your blog much lately. She kindly informed me that private blogs don't show up on Google Reader, I have to actually go to your blog. I haven't read it since you went private and it was so exciting to read so much funny Kim commentary all at once! It was like finding a hidden treasure trove of entertainment!
Oh I love it! You are right 1st grade is a fun age :)
I think these kids know how to get on your good side.
Post a Comment