Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just a Normal Day...

I was writing to a friend and thought I would also blog.
So. I was in charge of the Young Women New Beginnings Program for tonight. While I had it planned for a few weeks, yesterday and today, I had hit a few speedbumps...Lets be honest...It was completely crazy here, and because I was feeling under pressure, I started yelling at my teenagers for not helping me. Riley felt bad and made me a sandwich...and packed up all my things...while I was in my room taking deep breaths. I double checked with her to make sure I had everything I needed, she assured me she packed everything. I needed to go by the Waisath's to pick up the Tonkinson boys, Bryce wanted to drive, I was hesitant (remember my high stress level concerning my children. and I was hurrying.)but he assured me he knew where they lived so I did not grab the ward directory, and I let him drive. What do you know, come to find out, he did not know where they live, only the roundabout neighborhood in which they live. After having a minor meltdown because now I was going to be late and a phone call to Cameo (in St. Louis), we found it....during the process, we had Parker go up to a random door to see if the Waisath's lived there (and Parker is one of my children that absolutely hates this type of thing). Big Surprise. Waisath's didn't live there. We started to drive away as Parker was reaching for the door (always reliable for a small laugh) and without thinking, Parker yells, "What the hell are you doing??!!" 
Yep. He said it. Loud and Clear. So. As soon as he gets in the car, I confiscate his phone and ipod and tell him he is lucky I am not beating the crap out of him....Yes. I was a woman on the edge.And we are white-trash enough without my son yelling profanity in the Waisath's neighborhood.   So...after that public humiliation, we eventually located Nathan and Gideon... and my family did behave themselves the rest of the 30 minute drive to church because we had guests in the car. Hallelujah, we had guests in the car.
It gets better. When we get to the church, I tell Riley to give Bryce the basket that she packed all my stuff in so he could carry it in...she looks at me like I am crazy and tells me, "I didn't put the basket in the car. Yes, I did pack it, but I didn't put it in the car." (I am sure you know that by this point, I was completely done.) The only thing I could do is send Bryce and Riley back home to retrieve everything. Thankfully, we were early and they made it back to the church on time for the meeting. 
The rest of the evening went swimmingly.
 Thank you, Lori, for the Diet Coke.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh man, that made me laugh. And made me happy that I'm not in YW anymore! There were many times when Chris had to bring me things that I had forgotten.

[S Rizzle] said...

Why did we not TALK about the fact that we were both doing the New Beginnings??!!

stephasauri said...

Ha! Thanks for a good laugh, Kim! Teenagers are great! Glad you survived. I'm sure everything was fabulous!

Elizabeth said...

That is so funny, because you looked so cute and put together that night.