I have been making hairbows...it is my zen while Tate naps in the afternoons... and now I have started embellishing those cute crochet beanie hats that all the Jersey babies are wearing... so I ordered some online and when I got the order it was all filled out in Chinese and they had been made in Hong Kong...so as I was talking to my mom on the phone I mentioned that I was feeling guilty because they are most likely sweat-shop items and some darling 8 year old China-girl is probably knitting till her fingers fall off just for some rice money...
and my mom said, "Kim, you can not worry about that now. What's done is done. Are you kidding, everything we buy in America has been made in Hong Kong. Don't even think about it."
I love the power of denial and I love my mother. I hope I can follow her example and help my children live in their own happy bubble.
1 comment:
You know, .....a job is better than no job. And if they are an American based company....chances are conditions are quite good.
I don't think I have seen these hats. Did they work out?
Post a Comment